Monday, April 13, 2009

Day 1 to MEL - The Overland

it's been a relaxing 3 days in MEL.. technically speaking, only 2 days and 2 nights.. since Day 1 was spent on The Overland..

my train to Melbourne..

Keswick Terminal

the name of the cafe at the far end - Choo Choos Cafe.. cute!

the journey started at 7.40am and i only reached MEL at 6.50pm after spending 10 & 1/2 hours on the train.. that may seemed very long but all things considered, i wasnt bored at all and i really enjoyed the trip!

i think the main reason was that i was seated in the Red Premium Service! both Jo and i had no idea that GSR put me on the Red Premium Service as a Familiarisation trip.. i only realised it when i was looking at the menu while trying to decide what to eat for lunch (when i'm still in the process of eating my packed breakfast: Croissant with a piece of Spam).. See the little red box?

the menu that enlightened me..

i must say that being on the Premium Red Service has all the pros and absolutely no cons at all.. once seated a man came into the cabin and started telling us about the train, how long the journey will take, the major towns that we'll pass by, the highest point we'll go (Mount Lofty!), how to use the toilet (very important to press the LOCKED button!), where the cafe is (right next door!), when they will come to take our orders for breakfast and lunch, where we'll like to have our meals (at our seat or in the cafe) and answered any questions we have..

this is the man.. he's quite humourous and reminds me of 'Nigel' in The Devil Wears Prada!

landscape and scenery was nice too.. like a postcard..


if i wasnt eating on the train, i was sleeping! haha.. it was a few hours into the trip when a lady came to my seat and presented me an envelope with my name printed on it.. and in it contained my ticket for The Overland and a Familiarisation Report that i have to complete.. it was then that i realised that I AM working in the travel industry!!!!!! took me 6 months.. wahaha!

the cafe..

my lunch that cost A$12.50.. those bread were yummilicious~!

my runaway bag..

after much rest, food, scenery and toilet breaks.. we drew closer and closer to Melbourne! the landscape changes and the sun starts to set.. it's been an enjoyable ride!

10 & 1/2 hours later, as The Overland pulls into Southern Cross Station where Jo was waiting for me.. my journey on the train has come to an end.. and my journey in Melbourne has just started.. for the second time!

P.S. The Overland went on the Murray Bridge!!! Gosh!

P.S. Dinner was at Nando's in St Kilda after we dropped my bag in Jo's apartment!

No comments: