Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hilton International Adelaide

got back from the city at around 12noon after staying overnight at Hilton (isnt that my room?!) as S wanted me to accompany her.. i met Jo (my new housemate from England) on her way to Marden Shopping Centre just as i got down the bus.. i told her it's better to head down to The Parade as it will only take her about 15mins (according to Miyuki), rather than spending 25mins walking to Marden Shopping Centre to realise that it's actually quite small and old.. Jo turned around and headed to The Parade once she heard that it's actually bigger! haha.. i've never been to The Parade.. i think i'll head there tomorrow to have a look, rather than going to the City everyday.. everyday, really!

the first thing i did when i got back was laundry and put my toiletries back to the bathroom.. tried to turn on my laptop several times but it's cranky again.. finally managed to turn it on and immediately transferred all my photos and important documents to my new external hard disk before it's too late! installed my new web cam from Zen as well, which also comes with a mini microphone and ear piece! got connected to Skype and the first person i talked to was Sis!

told her about my meeting up with S.. got a call from S early yesterday morning when she arrived at the hotel, asking me where i was.. i told her i was still in bed.. haha.. she said to go over anytime when i'm ready.. i finally dragged myself out of bed an hour later.. it was difficult because the morning was cold~! got ready and had breakfast (pack S's share too) before leaving the house..

reached there around 12.30pm and waited for her to get ready.. it was about 2pm when we finally got out of the hotel and headed down to Moonta Street for S to buy her stuff.. apparently, she can get the same products in Perth for much cheaper prices.. she only bought 2 in the end.. we had lunch at this restaurant, 大家好烧腊, in Chinatown where they served Roast Pork, Duck, Chicken and BBQ Pork and other stuff.. it's basically Chinese cuisine.. S noticed that they have a seafood dish.. but the seafood was spelled as 'seafoot' and we couldnt stop laughing! i was trying to find other mistakes after that! wahaha..

we went to the City after lunch and walked for a bit.. it was drizzling and S wasnt quite in the mood for shopping.. so we ended up at Gloria Jeans for coffee.. after that i dragged her to Nine West and asked her if she could get me a bag as my birthday present for this year!! wahaha.. initially, i wanted her to get me a set of Bikini.. but i dont think i would be able to use that for the time being and changed my mind about it.. the bag was on discount, i wouldnt have asked S to get it for me if it wasnt! S said the bag will be this year's Christmas gift too.. i said it can be inclusive of next year's birthday present too.. i dont mind because i like the bag and she's happy to get it for me!

introducing Nine West's GAIN TOO MEDIUM E/W HOBO! wahaha..

after getting out of Nine West, S accompanied me to my new place to pack my overnight bag.. and i was dancing my way back with my new bag! haha.. took the bus back to the City and walked back to the hotel to chill.. had a good chat.. we later ordered Room Service for dinner.. i ordered a Beef Burger from the Kid's menu and a bowl of wedges as a side to share because S wasnt very hungry.. when the meal arrived, we found out that the beef patty was charred black! really burnt! we called Room Service about that and they offered to send a new serving up.. it was better and more edible.. didnt managed to finish the food as the servings were pretty big.. had more chats and S turned in early, she's got a flight this morning.. i went on to watch a culinary programme called 'The Cook and The Chef'.. it's a nice programme and i learned quite a bit..

out of so many days in Adelaide, yesterday was the most relaxed day spent here! of course i would like to credit it to S, my dear friend..

No comments: