Sunday, June 29, 2008

Singapore Noodles?

both my lunch and dinner today were simple affairs.. lunch was Rocket, Avocado and Corn Salad.. with a bit of Nissin Tonkotsu instant noodles! dinner was a steamed Corn, steamed Sugar Snap Peas, 2 slices of Sizzle Steak with RICE!!!

i finally managed to steam some rice today, without the help of a rice cooker! it was quite a success but i reckon rice cooked with a rice cooker taste better~ no photos for today because my camera ran out of battery.. hehez.. i have only ate rice on 4 occasions since i arrived here.. twice was Buy-2-Get-1-Free Sushi, once was with S at the Chinese restaurant and today, my own steamed rice!

was in the kitchen cooking dinner when Miyuki asked me what's Singapore Noodles.. she went to a Chinese restaurant for dinner today.. i really have to scratch my head before telling her that there's really no such thing called the Singapore Noodles.. because there are so many types of noodles in Singapore, cooked with different ingredients and methods.. but i know the Chinese restaurants in Australia love to use these names that are linked to countries to entice Australian customers to order them..

well, the first thing that came to my mind was Mee Goreng! yum~ Hokkien Mee came second.. and when Miyuki told me it was too spicy for her, i knew it was Mee Goreng! i dont think the Chinese migrants here are that skilled to be selling authentic Hokkien Mee.. instead they love to churn up different varieties of Mee Goreng, just by adding too much Soya Sauce or Tomato Ketchup.. more often than not, they are too sweet for my liking.. cant wait to try some of the Thai or Japanese restaurants here though.. wait till i get a job!

was also getting ready for my upcoming Perth trip!!! packed the clothes i need.. planned my schedule and got in touch with my friends there.. unfortunately, Sun has to work on Tuesday and cant pick me up from the airport.. so i'll get a cab and head straight to South Perth and let myself into SL's house (which, 1 year ago, was my house too.. haha!)! meanwhile, i can pack the stuff that i left in Perth into my luggages before Sun and SL finish work.. the plan for that evening is to meet up with WY and J for WY's farewell.. really looking forward!!!

No comments: