Friday, August 15, 2008

2 months

Geez.. it's been 2 months since i first got on the plane for ADL.. Gosh, i've been unemployed for 2 and a half months now.. that's counting the 2 weeks that i was down with Chicken Pox before i came! another month before my 3 months 'plan' to be unemployed is up~ oops.. getting nearer!!!

it's been a peaceful week.. didnt hear anything at all from any prospective employers.. because only one day out of 7 last week was spent job hunting! hehez.. so it's been a really quiet week except for Diana calling to see if i'm still job hunting.. yes, for sure i am~

other than job hunting every morning after breakfast, i've been catching up on my reading this week.. i bought PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern for only A$6.99 last Sunday! finished that in about 2 days and moved on to Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki, which i brought here with me but havent touched it since i-have-no-idea-when.. finished that yesterday and i just bought Digital Fortress by Dan Brown (also A$6.99!) when i was doing grocery shopping at The Parade just now.. i also have on hand A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, which i received in the mail on Monday from Zen! *smilez*

i have also been reading TIME and flipping through Good Taste to see what i can cook for Jo, since she has been really kind to bake us muffins all the time and just last night, she cooked Shepherd's Pie and Yorkshire Puddings and asked us to join her for dinner! this week, she was on leave for 2 days and came up with 3 more flavours of muffins: Lemon, Strawberry and Rich Chocolate Sauce!

been watching Olympics on TV too.. though i have to admit the only programme that i have faithfully turn on the TV for is 'So You Think You Can Dance'.. haha.. i love that!

i celebrated my unemployment last night by doing my own French Pedicure! it was a stretch for my neck and legs but from my height level, my feet is looking pretty good! i try not to look too closely though.. the mess will scare anyone and it's not even Halloween!

Nick moved out on Tuesday, so there's only 4 of us in this house at the moment.. i guess that pretty much sums up my week and i'm pretty sure everyone else is having a more exciting life at the moment! Have a good weekend while i go back to my books!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I suppose you're watching the Australia version of So You Think You Can Dance? I love the US one too (except for one disgustingly noisy judge)!!

Jowin said...

Hey.. SYTYCD Australia 2008 is already completed and the champion is out! i'm watching the US one and i agree that The Noisy Judge is indeed very High PITCH!!! haha!

Unknown said...

HAHAAA!!! YA!!!! I TOTALLY can't stand her (she's Mary Murphy btw)!! Even joined a "hate group" on Facebook! hahaa!!

Jowin said...

haha.. me and my housemate couldnt stand her too! But a "hate group"! wahaha.. extreme!